Randomly awesome thoughts

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Bore-aholics Anonymous

The other day I happened upon a conversation between two women discussing the new books they were reading. One of them was reading a book called 'Maneater', which is an exciting tale of a woman who wants to marry a rich guy so she can have all the money in the world, but is conflicted because she has been caught up in the business world trying to work her way to the top which doesn’t allow her enough time to date and have a social life. As my eyes began to glaze over I determined that that had to be the most painfully dull book ever written. There was no way any book could possibly be worse.

Apparently I was wrong.


It turns out these women had just finished a series of books called the 'Shopaholic' series. It's not one book, but a series of books about a woman who justifies all the shopping she does and the purchases she makes. For me, just the thought of going shopping sends painful shocks through my system. The only thing I can possibly think of that could be worse is reading a book about someone else who is going shopping. I'll be picking this book up next week.

(repost)

1 comment:

paintingyoupretty said...

I love the shopaholic series...of course. I know you aren't surprised!