Randomly awesome thoughts

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Hooray for Nudity


Today at the gym I had just finished working out my chicken legs and entered the men's locker room/bathroom to wash my hands and weigh myself on the scale, as I do at the end of every workout. As I entered the bathroom, I couldn't help but notice a naked obstruction in my pathway to the sink. Not only was this obstacle in my way, he was standing very confidently in front of the mirror combing his hair, apparently very comfortable with his nudeness. In order to make it all the way to the sink, I had to go way out of the way so as to not accidentally brush up against him. Eventually I was able to reach my destination unscathed, but it was still very traumatic.

I understand that it is a men's locker room, and as such it is necessary for people from time to time to change clothes. However, when I have to get naked in a locker room, I am very aware of my nudeness the whole time. It's take the shorts off, grab the new pair, and put the new pair on as quick as possible. I sometimes try to set records in my head to see how fast I can do it. So I just don't understand these guys that take off all of their clothes and then read the paper, comb their hair, talk on their cellphone, or do ANYTHING besides changing.

(repost from May 27, 2007)

No comments: