Randomly awesome thoughts

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Big Day - Thanks to All

It's been a crazy weekend for me. Over the past few months, my eyesight has been fading, but I thought it was only that I needed glasses. On Friday and Saturday I realized it had to be more since I could no longer see well enough to drive. After an ER visit, a couple MRI's, and a trip to Utah, I'm going to have brain surgery tomorrow morning to remove a brain tumor. It still seems surreal to me, which is good because it hasn't really sunk in.

I can't even express how grateful I am for the love and support everyone has shown me. I am so lucky to have friends and family that will drop everything to come be at my side. I am very lucky.

I want everyone to know that I have full intentions of recovering 100% from this. I've had a church blessing to that effect, I've got a top notch doctor, and I've got more prayers than I can count. This is truly one of those times when faith is really tested, but I am actually not the least bit afraid. If things ended now (which they won't), I can honestly say that I would be ready to go and that I know exactly where I would be going. Maybe that is why I am completely calm. That is one of the reasons I love the church.

But again, I'm going to pull through this without any problems. I just want to again say thanks to everyone for their support. I look forward to speaking to you all soon.

If any of this doesn't seem to make sense, I blame it on the tumor, the fact that it is really late and I'm having surgery in a few hours, and the hospital food.

No comments: